Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Treasure Hunting at Old Fashioned Days

I meant to post this earlier, but forgot I had a blog. About 10 of us went to Old Fashioned Days in Madison and met at the Open Door for prayer. There we listened intently to God giving us various clues concerning people we were going to meet and that God wanted to touch. My clues were red hat, green shirt, sunglasses, name: John, needs: neckpain, cervical, job.

So we went out, and after a few good encounters, we came across a man with a red hat. He rebuffed us saying, "I'm a Christian, but there's a guy with a red hat." As we turned around, sure enough it was a man with a red hat, but also a green shirt and sunglasses. We hurried toward him. When we caught up to him and his family we shared how we were on a treasure hunt and how God had highlighted him to us. He was pretty amazed that God would want to bless him. Then I asked him about his needs...and he said he just had his hours cut at work, so I showed him my list about job needs. And then I asked, "do you have any problems with your neck?" To which his wife got in the act and said, "Yes!" And then I pointed out the cervical words on my map. She got really excited and said thats it! I asked if the name John meant anything to him and he said his dad was named John. So we prayed over him, knowing God had lined our paths to cross.

Others had remarkable encounters too, including teens, a man in a motorized wheelchair, and others. It was an exciting time, and as we returned, God highlighted a woman on a bench. She came to receive Jesus Christ as a result. How Great is Our God!

No comments: