Friday, November 6, 2009

Intimacy with God

God is birthing a new hunger in His church. A hunger for Himself. He is placing that hunger in me. I know He is placing it in others around me too. Over the past month, threaded through my sermons and even the books I have been reading, a curious pattern has been emerging. "Seek Me with all your heart."

Last week, at the urging of a member, we began a study by Bob Mumford on Sunday night called 'unshared love.' Little did I know it would be about intimacy with God. And oh, did God get ahold of us! Jealous love! Awesome love.

This week, an email solicitation by a Christian video site caught my eye. I never watch them...in fact, I have never watched a video there before. But something drew me to the one, "Revival Redux." It was a compilation of Revivalist sermons - all pointing to one thing: Intimacy with God. After watching it, I wept and went to my knees. Everytime I spoke of it, I wept. I was ovewhelmed.

By coincidence - my sermon was on "The kingdom suffers violence and the violent take it by force." - which I only wrote one page on and felt led to show that video to conclude the service with prayer and repentance.

I am fully expecting God to do something remarkable this Sunday.

No comments: