Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2 Dreams, 2 Days

When I get a vivid dream that leaves me in my waking hours pondering and meditating on it, I generally can label it as "from God." Today, I had the same dream as the day before...so God has gotten my attention in a big way.

I dreamed I was going for an interview as a plant manager for a packaging company. (In my pre-ministry days, I was a packaging foreman for Nabisco for 6 years). During this interview, I viewed the entire plant and gave advice to the owner on a number of things they were doing. One was "availability" of supervision, another was "providing tools workers need" and another was "use red yarn when the thread breaks" (that was very weird). The owner asked me what success I had in my supervision, and I shared that I had personally encouraged and interacted with each worker daily, and made myself readily available for their needs. Then I woke up with a voice going off in my head saying, "Do this in your ministry!"

Last night, I had the same dream. And I awoke with the same voice telling me to do the same thing. The second dream had some additions..."unleash people to their destiny and help them understand what that means and looks like."

So as I reflect upon this, I have to make the choice of implementing it in my ministry...especially considering that it sounded as if God was telling me to do so! On Easter Sunday, we saw some folks return for the service who hadn't been there in a while. I felt like God was pointing them out to me concerning their potential and destiny, and how to help them to not waste their future!

No comments: